Use Flipster to view many popular magazines right on your computer or mobile device. All titles are full-page, full-color duplicates of the print titles and are available the same day the paper copies hit the newsstands. Back issues for each title are also available. Every issue is available instantly with no holds or waiting lists, and there are no limits on the number of titles that can be read online or downloaded to the mobile app.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Using the browser on a computer or mobile device visit the PBCLS Flipster collection through a Flipster link on the library’s webpage.
2. If you are outside a library, enter your library card number, and click Login.
3. Browse the titles in the Latest or All Issues sliders by clicking the right and left navigation arrows on either side of the slider.
4. When you find a title you want to read, click its cover.
5. The magazine will open in a new browser window.
Android Tablets with Android 4.2 or later and a 7 inch screen or larger.
Kindle Fire HD (3rd and 4th generation) with 7 inch screen. Note that although the Flipster app is available in the Amazon app store, you need to install it using the special instructions below.
2. Select Applications > Apps from Unknown Sources (allow installation of applications that are not from Appstore) and select ON.
3. Download the app by going to this Flipster for Kindle Fire app link.
4. Once the download is complete, tap on the file and select Install.
2. Tap the menu in the upper left hand corner and select Open in App. The Flipster app will open and download the magazine.
3. Once the download has completed, the magazine is available to read in the app while offline.