About The Friends of the Palm Beach County Library System Inc.
The Friends of the Palm Beach County Library System Inc. is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization whose mission is the promotion of enhanced library services. Friends support the Library by sponsoring events, providing financial assistance for special projects, advocating for library needs, and in developing and expanding its services and facilities, when not provided for in the Library’s budget.
The Friends fund Library activities including craft supplies, author visits, musical performances, the Summer Reading Program and much more. They also purchase the copiers for public use in the branches. They also fund the Ingrid A. Eckler Scholarship for employees who are in pursuing a Masters in Library Science.
Your contribution to the Friends demonstrates your appreciation and support of the Library. You can help support the Friends by:
- Becoming a Friends member. Sign up here
- Donating used materials. Call your local branch to see if they are currently accepting donations.
- Purchasing used materials from the Friends bookshelves at your local branch.
- Donating to the Friends to recognize a special occasion, in memory or a loved one or to fund a specific activity.
- Use the copiers at your branch to print documents.
- Make your Amazon purchases through AmazonSmile and designate the Friends as your charity of choice. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the Friends.