Our branch locations provide test proctoring services. Please contact the desired branch to make arrangements.
- Student must have a Palm Beach County Library card in good standing.
- Student is required to make an advance appointment through the branch Research Services to schedule a date/time to take the exam. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
- Library staff will make an effort to contact the student when the proctor receives the exam or online password, if contact information is provided in advance. However, the student is ultimately responsible for confirming that the exam information has been received.
- Library staff cannot provide direct in-room supervision during the exam.
- Library staff will not explain exam questions or provide any assistance during the exam.
- Library staff will not sign the proctoring affidavit if it requires more than staff is able to do.
- For print exams, at the completion of the exam, the Library will return the exam directly to the issuing institution via email, fax (if available), or the U.S. Postal Service at the next regularly scheduled pickup from the Library. Any printing costs will be charged at 25 cents per page (B&W) or 50 cents per page (color).
- The student or institution is responsible for all postage costs. The exam will be held at the Library until postage is provided.
- For online exams, the Library cannot guarantee that the Library computers will support the technology required for the exam. The Library cannot proctor online exams that require public access computer settings to be modified.
- Due to branch staffing and schedules, proctoring services and availability may vary by branch.