Volunteer Services offered virtually
Welcome to the Palm Beach County library Volunteer program. Our volunteer opportunities for teens have changed to virtual. There are no in-person teen volunteer positions at this time. You can still earn service hours … keep reading! Choose a volunteer project, complete the volunteer registration form and preregister for the event. Start your volunteer adventure now!Explore Virtual Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Cards of Cheer
Accepted at all branch locations through August 2021.
Make someone’s day with a card! Cheer up Library members who are homebound or experiencing isolation due to COVID-19 by creating a card that is creative and cheerful. Cards can be made at your own pace at home or while visiting a library location.Instructions:
- Use 8 ½ x 11 folded paper (card stock works best, but regular paper or construction paper will also work)
- Be creative (use markers, colored pencils, etc.), but do not attach items or décor; no glitter.
- Write a simple message that is encouraging and kind. Please keep messages non-religious
- If you put the card in an envelope, please do not seal it.
- Original, one-of-a-kind cards will be accepted. Please do not submit copies.
- You may include your first name, but do not include any other identifying information.
- Have a great day!
- Enjoy your book!
- Thank you for being a Library member!
- Any general cheerful message with brighten the day of a Books-By-Mail member.
Thirty (30) minutes volunteer credit will be given for each original card made. When completed, bring to your local branch’s Children’s and Teen Section staff.Cards of Cheer Application (PDF)